Hello World! Welcome Friends! I hope you have enjoyed our Recipe Holiday Blog Hop. I’ll provide links below for the other amazing bloggers who I have the pleasure of sharing the day with.
We have been making this dessert for our family holiday gatherings for as long as I can remember. I remember eating this when I was a little girl; and now Little Dedicated loves it. Hands down, this dessert is the favorite of all of the kids in the family; some who are now grown adults and still request this dessert. It just wouldn’t be the holidays without Cherry Cream-O Pie. It also has another name down here in the South: Cherry-O Cream Cheese Pie. We probably used to call it that, but somehow through the years it ended up being Cherry Cream-O Pie. Either way, it’s delicious!
- 1 (9 inch) pre-made graham cracker pie shell
- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can, sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Beat the cream cheese by hand just until smooth.
- Fold in the condensed milk and beat by hand until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and the vanilla, again beating by hand until smooth.
- Fold mixture into pie shell.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Top with the cherry pie filling.
- Sometimes I like to mix it up and use a shortbread crust pie shell instead of the traditional graham cracker crust pie shell.
- Also, I usually make this pie the night before, so it has all night to chill in the refrigerator.
See what I mean. 6 Ingredients. How simple and tasty! It’s a crowd pleaser. I always make 2 of these pies every holiday, because they get gobbled up pretty quick.
If you missed any of the days this week, click on the links below.
HOLIDAY RECIPE BLOG HOP NOVEMBER 14 ~ 18
Click the links below for any posts you may have missed:
Have a beautiful day/night depending on where you are in the world! Go with God and remember to be kind to one another!
Between Naps on the Porch, Stone Gable, Home Stories A to Z, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, Savvy Southern Style, Just a Girl and Her Blog, DIY by Design, No Minimalist Here, From my Front Porch to Yours, Christman’s Creations, The Charm of Home, French Country Cottage, DesignThusiasm, Bygone Vintage, Bluesky Kitchen, Poofing the Pillows, Celebrate & Decorate, LouLou Girls, My Thrift Store Addiction, Remodelaholic, Suburban Simplicity.