Hello World! As many of you know, I’ve been working on shedding some weight. Since the beginning of the year I have lost 14 lbs. to date. I’m doing it the old fashioned way, diet and exercise. My diet is definitely not completely carb free, but I do have a couple of go to dishes that I turn to when I need to eat quickly and don’t want empty calories. This Black Bean Breakfast Bowl is perfect for those time when I’m short on time.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Cook and stir eggs until eggs are set, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place black beans in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high in the microwave until warm, about 1 minute.
- Divide warm black beans between two bowls.
- Top each black bean bowl with scrambled eggs, avocado and salsa. Season with salt and pepper.
It really is super easy and quite delicious! So, if you are looking to cut the carbs, but not lose any of the flavor, this might be a great option for you! Let me know what you think if you make this yummy breakfast bowl!!
Click the links below for any posts you may have missed:
Have a great evening! Go with God and remember to be kind to one another!
Between Naps on the Porch, Stone Gable, Home Stories A to Z, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, Savvy Southern Style, Just a Girl and Her Blog, DIY by Design, No Minimalist Here, From my Front Porch to Yours, Christman’s Creations, The Charm of Home, French Country Cottage, DesignThusiasm, Bygone Vintage, Bluesky Kitchen, Poofing the Pillows, Celebrate & Decorate, LouLou Girls, My Thrift Store Addiction, Remodelaholic, Suburban Simplicity.