Hello World! Welcome Friends! You will spend about a third of your life in your bedroom, so the last thing you want is one that is boring and uncomfortable. Here are some ways to add some color, attitude and to express your personality better in your bedroom.
Choosing Wall Colors
When you’re choosing colors for your bedroom, bear in mind that you don’t want colors that are too bright and over-stimulating. However, you can still add a splash of vibrant color by painting one wall brightly and muting tones on the other walls. If you want to add red or purple on a wall, combine them with soft greens or blues, which are good colors for a restful night sleep. Orange is a cheerful color to wake up to, and also helps promote concentration, which is helpful if you have to work or study in your bedroom.
If you want to brighten up your bedroom without painting loud colors on your walls, the best way to do it is by adding colorful accessories.
- Add a corkboard: You can fill it with your favorite photographs, cards, and souvenirs.
- Use colorful storage: You can use your storage space to colorize your room by using shelf racks, basket, and boxes to hold magazine’s books, makeup, and other small items.
- Color with cushions: Cool throw pillows are a sure way to brighten up your bedroom boredom. Your color choice is practically unlimited and you can choose solids or patterns and add textured textiles too.
- Rock colored bedding: You can really go to town with your bed linens. Even if you only use one accent sheet you can still brighten up the whole bed. If you want a more dramatic effect, consider a funky patterned comforter.
- Think about your floor: Colorful throw rugs are a great way to add splashes of color. If your bedroom floor is hardwood, remember to add some non-slip pads under your rugs.
- Brighten your lampshades: If you don’t want to splash out on new lampshades, give the ones you have a facelift by covering the existing shade with strips of patterned cloth.
- Add some plants: Maybe you don’t have a green thumb, but if your bedroom has plenty of light and you don’t over-water, you can use plants like rosemary, aloe vera, and jasmine. Not only do these plants look pretty, they can also improve your health.
- Jazz up your dresser: You can brighten up your dresser easily and inexpensively by adding colored wallpaper or fabric to the upper surface. It’s also a great way to prevent the wood from getting scratched.
- Paint your knobs: Add stunning colors and glitter to your door and draw knobs. You can also add stencils to draws and doors.
- Don’t forget your shelves: Paint the insides of your shelves a contrasting color. This will revitalize even the dullest shelves and highlight their contents.
Use these inspirational ideas to make your bedroom come alive. They are easy to implement and inexpensive. Before you know it your bedroom will look like a completely new space.
Click the pics below for any posts you may have missed:
The Breakfast Nook Reveal can be found HERE.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day/night depending on where you are in the world! Go with God and remember to be kind to one another!