Hello World! Welcome Friends! Thankfully, the flies you encounter every day are not as out and out scary as the Jeff Goldblum transformation. As much as you may dislike that house fly that has just landed on your kitchen work top, at least it’s not six foot tall. However, no matter how small flies are, it’s important to get rid of any that you see in your home.
Flies are not just unpleasant to look at, they also spread disease. This is why you should take action to prevent them being a problem in the first place, and deal with them as soon as you see them.
What sort of health problems can flies cause?
House flies are the most common type of fly you will see in your home. It’s important that you realize that these guys hang out in some pretty gross areas, such as where there is rotten food, decaying flesh or feces. They then make their way into your home, and land on work areas, tables or even on plates of food. If this does not make you ill just thinking about it then the flies themselves just might.
Flies have been linked with the spreading of illnesses such as E. coli and Salmonella. They have been proven to carry more than 200 different types of bacteria. Most healthy adults can withstand the health threat from flies, but children, the elderly and those with a compromised immune system can become very ill, if infected.
Ways of preventing problems with flies
If you want to avoid problems with flies, the best way is to prevent them from entering your home, and to not put temptation in their way.
- Keep doors and windows shut in warm weather and use the air conditioning system. If you want to open the windows and doors in your home, consider using fly screens.
- Seal cracks and gaps where flies might be able to gain entry.
- Keep the area outside your home free from rotting debris and animal feces, and make sure rubbish is removed regularly.
- Cover food that is waiting to be served, or keep it in the fridge.
If you take preventative measures, you should be able to reduce the presence of flies in your home.
Getting rid of flies that are there
The fact is that there is always a chance that flies may gain access to your home, which is why it’s important to use effective fly control methods to get rid of them, and prevent possible infestation.
- Place apple cider vinegar in a glass jar and use a paper funnel in the top, to stop flies getting out when they are attracted in by the smell.
- Cover pieces of ribbon with eucalyptus oil and hang them in area where flies are most likely to appear.
- Fill an empty soda bottle to two thirds full, with a sugary substance then cut off the top third and turn it upside down. As with the vinegar trap, flies will be attracted and will be unable to get out.
- Use a fly spray when flies appear. You need to be careful with sprays so that you do not use them close to food, pets or young children.
- Use UV-A lamps which attract and kill flies.
All of these solutions can be used to deal with a fly problem in your home. You may want to give different solutions a try, if one does not work as well as you need it to. Never give up because, as you can see, flies can be a dangerous intruder.
Click the pictures below for any posts you may have missed:
Thank you for stopping by for a little visit! Have a lovely day/night depending on where you are in the world! Go with God and remember to be kind to one another!