Hello World! Welcome Friends! Well, let me just say the Powder Room is coming along slowly. We are in the press of getting Little Dedicated ready to head back to school. The child needs all new clothes, pj’s and shoes. Nothing fits her anymore. Even the Summer shorts I bought her at the beginning of Summer are verging on becoming little Daisy Dukes. LOL. The child is definitely going to be taller than me! So, I’ve been squeezing in painting here and there and this weekend we have plans to get some moulding for the Powder Room. I’ve decided I don’t want to have the stencil all the way down to the floor. I’m going to try my hand at putting in a chair rail and some decorating moulding underneath. You know a thousand years ago, in our first house together, we put crown moulding up in the studio. So, I think we should be able to do this. We have all of the tools needed, so we should just jump right on in!
Let me show you what I’m thinking about regarding hardware:
I’m really crushing on this Covington Hotel Triple Sconce from Pottery Barn! Crushing so much, I’ve gone ahead and ordered it. But, I will have to wait on this one. It won’t be available until sometime in September! Boo, but at the rate I’m going in the Powder Room, that shouldn’t be that big of a deal.
I also ordered two of these as well: the Pottery Barn Covington Hotel Single Sconce. This will be used to replace the sconces in the Master Bedroom hall and above the stairs.
In the reflection of the mirror you can see the single sconce that is above the stairs. That should be fun replacing!
This lovely is the Ginger Toilet Paper Holder in Polished Brass. The picture doesn’t do it justice. It has already come in and it is gorgeous!
This is the 12in. towel holder from the Chelsea Collection from Ginger.
Now, for my favorite:
This is the Kingston Brass Faucet. Isn’t she gorgeous?
So, just a little recap:
- Need to finish the stencil
- Need to put up the chair rail and decorative moulding
- Mirror needs to be painted
- Decorative storage piece needs to be painted
- Once the moulding has been put up and painted, the toilet paper holder will be installed
- Also, once the moulding has been put up, the faucet will be installed
- I have artwork that a sweet blogger friend has painted that is on it’s way
- I have also ordered some towels that are being monogramed
- The towel holder should go up this weekend, once the stencil for that section is complete
- Plantation Shutters have been ordered and should be here the first of September
This is the table that I chose incase you missed the last post.
Shop this post:
I’d love for you to join my email list! You’ll receive a notification straight to your inbox once a week on Monday which will include links to party posts and my home project posts! Simply enter your address below.
Thank you for stopping by for a little visit! Have a lovely day/night depending on where you are in the world! Go with God and remember to be kind to one another!